Mission Statement: Saddle Up is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing equine facilitated therapy for challenged children and adults in a safe and fun environment.
Our mission at Saddle Up is to positively impact the health, mental wellness, and family cohesion within our community and statewide, by providing both a location and a vehicle to conduct equine assisted rehabilitative therapies and intervention services for use by medical professionals and community agencies, as well as providing recreational opportunities for youth and families in our community. Among our priorities will be the quality of care that we devote to our livestock, facilities, equipment, and personnel.
- Saddle Up will provide an indoor and an outdoor handicapped accessible riding facility, horses and equipment to be used for year-round Hippotherapy and Equine Facilitated Mental Health (EFMH) purposes.
Equine Facilitated Mental Health
- Designed for the promotion of social, mental and emotional health
- Candidates for these services would include but are not limited to:
- Clients of mental health and behavioral counselors
- Audio and speech pathology patients
- Children in counseling services
- Children in special education programs
- Children with cognitive impairments
- Children with self esteem and accountability issues
- “At risk” youths
- Children seeking after school and summer activity programs
- Cancer patients
- Special needs children
- Families and school groups
- Designed for physical therapy and rehabilitation of:
- Handicapped children and adults
- Injuries and other temporary disabilities
- Poor motor function